- Must be generally healthy
- Do not need to be sexually active (regardless of choosing birth control option or not)
- Must have regular menstrual cycles for at least 2 years
- Free Study-related physical exams
- Free Study-relatedBMD x 3 (for those who choose study contraception pill or chewable)
- Free Study-relatedBMD x 2 for those not on contraception
- Compensation for participating
The aim of this phase 4, outpatient clinical trial is to study the differences in bone mineral density in women who are taking one of our FDA approved hormonal contraceptives, compared to women who are not using hormonal contraceptives.
During this trial, participants will receive non-invasive DXA (Bone Density) scans. This is a painless procedure, where X-rays are used to measure the bone mineral density.
We are looking for 14- to 17-year-old females to participate in this 12-month trial.