To qualify for participation in the
COVID-19 Vaccine Study in Pregnant Women, you must be a patient in our office and be
- a healthy woman at least 18 years old
- between 24 0/7 and 34 0/7 weeks of gestation on the day of planned first vaccination
- having an uncomplicated, singleton pregnancy
- at no known increased risk for complications
- must be a patient of our office delivering at our designated hospital
Other Criteria may apply. Qualified participants will receive compensation for time and travel. Unlike other studies, you do need to be a patient in our practice as our OB doctors complete study-related procedures at delivery.
Volunteers will be randomized to COVID-19 Vaccine or placebo at the Screening Visit. Participants will receive a second vaccine 21 days later. However at the 1 month post partum check up, all who received placebo originally, WILL receive the COVID-19 vaccine at that visit and again about 21 days later. Moms and babies are followed for 6 months.